Since the 1990s, China's non-ferrous metal die-casting industry has become an emerging industry while achieving fantastic development. Since die-cast aluminium alloy was put into commercial production, the types of alloys have developed rapidly with the development of the automobile industry and the invention of the cold chamber die casting the machine. According to their properties, Die-cast aluminum alloys can be divided into low-strength, medium-strength, and high-strength. At present, the die-cast aluminum alloys used in the industry mainly include the following types: Al-51, Al-Mg, Al-Si-Cu, Al-Si-Mg, Al-Si-Cu-Mg, Al-Zn, etc. The main die-cast aluminum alloy series is used in industrially developed countries。
The consumer demand for automobiles, motorcycles, and auto parts has provided a broad market for the development of the aluminum pressure die casting process, and the application of die-cast aluminum alloys in automobiles will continue to expand. But in the context of social development, it has also encountered many problems.
1. Simplify the composition of aluminum alloy and reduce the alloy grade to provide a basis for realizing green production;
2. Promote the application of new high-strength, high wear-resistant die-cast aluminum alloys, and promote the research on colourable die-cast aluminium alloys and new die-cast aluminum alloys to produce castings with special safety requirements;
3. Further improve the new aluminum pressure die casting process (vacuum die-casting, oxygen-filled die-casting, semi-solid die-casting, squeeze casting, etc.);
4. Carry out the research and development of CAD / CAM / CAE system;
5. Develop and apply more die-cast aluminum alloy auto parts;
6. Develop a die-cast aluminum alloy with stable performance and easy-to-control composition;
7. Improve the ability to quickly respond to the market and implement concurrent engineering (CE) and rapid prototyping making (RPM);
Only by solving the above problems can the application of aluminum die casting parts achieve better and faster development.