A: Aluminum extrusion
Aluminum extrusion usually includes assembly line aluminum, heat dissipation aluminum, and so on. It adopts the extrusion molding process, which is extruded through the extruder to the die to flow out and form. It can also extrude various aluminum profiles with different cross-sections.
Advantages of aluminum extrusion
1. Lightweight, no rust, low mold investment, and longitudinal elongation up to 10 meters or more.
2. The appearance of aluminum extrusion processing is bright and matt. The treatment process adopts anodizing treatment, and the surface treatment oxide film reaches a thickness of 0.12m/m.
Disadvantages of aluminum extrusion
1. The surface will also have warpage, deformation, black lines, bumps, and white lines.
2. Aluminum materials that have not been oxidizing are easy to rust. As a result, the performance had reduced, and the longitudinal strength is not comparable to iron products.
3. The wear resistance of the surface oxide layer is not as good as that of the electroplated layer. Not only is it easy to scratch, but the cost is also high. (The costing of iron products is about 3~4 times higher)
B: Aluminum die casting
Compared with the processing method of die-casting aluminum alloy and aluminum profile, the equipment used is different. Its raw materials are mainly aluminum ingots (about 92% purity) and alloy materials. It is then melted in a furnace and then molded into a die-casting machine. Die-cast aluminum products have various shapes and various models.
Advantages of aluminum die casting
1. It has high hardness and strength and can be mixed with zinc to form a zinc-aluminum alloy. Die-cast aluminum products are casting into shape without sawing.
2. Die-cast aluminum forming process points:
a. Die casting molding
b. Rough polishing to remove residual material from clamping
c. Fine polishing
1. In the production process of die-casting aluminum, molds are needed to manufacture, and the molds are expensive, higher than injection molds and other molds. When the design is wrong, the mold is difficult to repair.
Disadvantages of aluminum die casting
1. It should be produced in a lot of quantity per production, that could be share the tooling cost on it.
Aluminum extrusion is a mechanical processing method that does not need to melt metal materials. Aluminum alloy dies casting is a casting method, which the metal material should dissolve first. Aluminum alloy die-casting is hot processing. The molten aluminum alloy is poured into the mold and then taken out from the mold after cooling and forming, can be made some complex parts.